I'm Ruben Taelman, a Web researcher at IDLab,
with a focus on decentralization, Linked Data publishing and querying.
My goal is to make data accessible for everyone by providing
intelligent infrastructure and algorithms for data publication and retrieval.
As this website itself contains Linked Data, you can query it live with Comunica.
Have a look at my publications or projects
and contact me if any of those topics interest you.
Latest blog posts
Who says using RDF is hard?
A story of streaming RDF parsers
Multiple serialization formats are currently being recommended by the W3C to represent RDF. JSON-LD and RDF/XML are examples of RDF serializations that are respectively based on the JSON and XML formats. The ability to parse RDF serializations in a streaming way offers many advantages, such as handling huge documents with only a limited amount of memory, and processing elements as soon as they are parsed. In this post, I discuss the motivation behind my streaming parser implementations for JSON-LD and RDF/XML, their architecture, and I show some live examples.
- Conference Comunica: a Modular SPARQL Query Engine for the WebMore
In Proceedings of the 17th International Semantic Web Conference
- Journal Triple Storage for Random-Access Versioned Querying of RDF ArchivesMore
In Journal of Web Semantics
- Journal Generating Public Transport Data based on Population Distributions for RDF BenchmarkingMore
In Semantic Web Journal
- Conference Continuous Client-Side Query Evaluation over Dynamic Linked DataMore
In The Semantic Web: ESWC 2016 Satellite Events, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, May 29 – June 2, 2016, Revised Selected Papers
- Conference Streamlining governmental processes by putting citizens in control of their personal dataMore
In Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Electronic Governance and Open Society: Challenges in Eurasia
- Demo Discovering Data Sources in a Distributed Network of Heritage InformationMore
In Proceedings of the Posters and Demo Track of the 15th International Conference on Semantic Systems
- Conference Reflections on: Triple Storage for Random-Access Versioned Querying of RDF ArchivesMore
In Proceedings of the 18th International Semantic Web Conference
- Demo Using an existing website as a queryable low-cost LOD publishing interfaceMore
In Proceedings of the 16th Extended Semantic Web Conference: Posters and Demos
- Position Statement Bridges between GraphQL and RDFMore
In W3C Workshop on Web Standardization for Graph Data