I'm Ruben Taelman, a Web postdoctoral researcher at IDLab,
with a focus on decentralization, Linked Data publishing, and querying.
My goal is to make data accessible for everyone by providing
intelligent infrastructure and algorithms for data publication and retrieval.
As this website itself contains Linked Data, you can query it live with Comunica.
Have a look at my publications or projects
and contact me if any of those topics interest you.
Latest blog posts
Querying a Decentralized Web
The road towards effective query execution of Decentralized Knowledge Graphs.
Most of today’s applications are built based around the assumption that data is centralized. However, with recent decentralization efforts such as Solid quickly gaining popularity, we may be evolving towards a future where data is massively decentralized. In order to enable applications over decentralized data, there is a need for new querying techniques that can effectively execute over it. This post discusses the impact of decentralization on query execution, and the problems that need to be solved before we can use it effectively in a decentralized Web.
5 rules for open source maintenance
Guidelines for publishing and maintaining open source projects.
Thanks to continuing innovation of software development tools and services, it has never been easier to start a software project and publish it under an open license. While this has lead to the availability of a huge arsenal of open source software projects, the number of qualitative projects that are worth reusing is of a significantly smaller order of magnitude. Based on personal experience, I provide five guidelines in this post that will help you to publish and maintain highly qualitative open-source software.
- Conference Link Traversal Query Processing over Decentralized Environments with Structural AssumptionsMore
In Proceedings of the 22nd International Semantic Web Conference
- Conference Comunica: a Modular SPARQL Query Engine for the WebMore
In Proceedings of the 17th International Semantic Web Conference
- Journal Triple Storage for Random-Access Versioned Querying of RDF ArchivesMore
In Journal of Web Semantics
- Demo Demonstration of Link Traversal SPARQL Query Processing over the Decentralized Solid EnvironmentMore
In Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT)
- Poster Personalized Medicine Through Personal Data PodsMore
In Proceedings of the 15th International SWAT4HCLS Conference
- Poster Towards Algebraic Mapping Operators for Knowledge Graph ConstructionMore
In Proceedings of the 22nd International Semantic Web Conference: Posters and Demos
- Workshop The Need for Better RDF Archiving BenchmarksMore
In Proceedings of the 9th Workshop on Managing the Evolution and Preservation of the Data Web
- Workshop How Does the Link Queue Evolve during Traversal-Based Query Processing?More
In Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Storing, Querying and Benchmarking Knowledge Graphs